Job OpportunitiesOPEN TO THE PUBLIC
BioFoodTech Charlottetown PE
Two Year Temporary Full-Time Position
BioFoodTech is seeking an individual to perform the duties of Administrative Assistant. This individual will report to the Executive Director. Duties will include:
- Providing administrative support to Executive Director, scheduling management meetings, recording and distributing minutes, booking travel arrangements;
- Liaising with assistant to the CEO of Innovation PEI; setting up meetings, tracking of correspondences requiring CEO/Minister approval;
- Assisting with coordination of BFT promotional opportunities, BFT open house, photo shoot, updating powerpoint presentation, conducting third party customer satisfaction telephone survey;
- Participating in the maintenance of BFT ISO Quality Management System, processing requested edits to forms, SOPs or preparing new forms, circulating forms for peer review process;
- Acting as BioFoodTech website Administrator adding newsletters, editing training workshop/program information, updating staff directory, posting job opportunities, participating in the Ministry’s website committee;
- Liaising with Human Resources regarding employee contracts, processing confidential personnel documents, applications for summer student positions, and conducting Administrative orientation for all new staff;
- Managing internal projects; setup and maintenance of Project Management Database (liaison with ITTS), writing database manuals for Project Leaders and administrative staff;
- Updating and maintaining BioFoodTech’s online Central File listing (CPRS) and file retention schedules, maintaining records on files transferred to the Records Centre and on files approved for destruction;
Other duties as assigned by Employer.
- Successful completion of a recognized office studies program.
- Considerable experience as administrative assistant at senior level.
- Demonstrated equivalences will be considered.
- Experience in arranging travel arrangements, scheduling meetings and appointments, maintaining/updating website, taking concise and accurate minutes.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, able to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills using computer programs; word processing and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of BioFoodTech operations and ISO 9001:2000 Quality Operating System will be considered assets.
Please ensure that your cover letter and resume clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided.
Salary Range: $41,551-$51,939 per year (Level 12, IPEI salary scale)
Closing Date: February 7, 2017 at 5:00 pm
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Lynda Hontscharowicz Human Resources Officer
Department of Economic Development and Tourism
P. O. Box 2000, 5th Floor Sullivan Building
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8