Established in 1987 as the PEI Food Technology Centre, BIO|FOOD|TECH is a confidential, contract research, processing and analytical services company located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada. We provide many specialized services to companies and entrepreneurs in both the food and bioprocessing sectors. Our professional team is made up of food and bioprocessing scientists, microbiologists, technologists and support staff.
- Free preliminary consultations and project proposals
- Strict confidentiality to protect your intellectual property and privacy
- New product and process development from kitchen to commercial-scale
- Shelf-life testing, nutrition labelling, packaging and regulatory assistance
- Bioprocessing: fermentation, extraction, purification and separation expertise
- Federally-inspected pilot plants for new commercial product incubation
- Accredited laboratory analyses
- Training workshops (food safety, plant sanitation, HACCP, etc.)
- Troubleshooting to assist in identifying risks and to develop appropriate risk management systems; implementation of HACCP programs; assistance to comply with GFSI standards
- Referral assistance to funding agencies (NRC-IRAP, Innovation PEI, Canadian Dairy Commission, etc.)
- ISO 9001:2008 certified
- Certified organic processing is available, if required by our clients.
- Founding member of the FOODTECH Canada network. FOODTECH Canada is a network of Canada's leading food technology centres, offering the food and bio-product industry access to state-of-the-art equipment, facilities and expertise to commercialize innovative products and technologies.
- BIO|FOOD|TECH has a Memorandum of Understanding with Holland College/Canada's Smartest Kitchen to work in collaboration on food product and process development activities for the benefit of the Prince Edward Island economy.